These are five frequent mistakes associations make that can easily be corrected to put you on the road to success.
Hello and welcome to JP Moery’s Association Hustle Podcast. President of The Moery Company, JP’s mission is to arm today’s associations with insight and strategy to thrive and a progressively complex and competitive business landscape. 21st century associations must move forward with a little bit of hustle and revenue development at their core.
Five mistakes associations and how they can be fixed right now.
#1: Improve Operational Excellence
- We need an appetite for that. There aren’t a lot of CEOs and organizations, there aren’t a lot of folks that are really focused on process, procedure, and execution
- Execution is not a priority in many facets of the association management area right now. And that’s what we need. Let’s fix it
#2: More Focused Internet 2.0 Commitment
- When I made a more substantial commitment, my business grew double digit percentages.
- Many times the associations that are active right now, are only promoting a conference or a show or an event, it should be about content delivery, showcasing your members and what they’re doing, tips and tools on how to make members businesses grow, etc.
- It should be at least four to five times a day, not just once, and not just to promote the next webinar.
#3: Have a Plan for Digital Events Next Year
- We’re so focused on protecting the old legacy model and hoping that it will come back that we may have forgotten the literally thousands of people that we engage, including new and young professionals that are now on board with us.
- We’re forgetting about how we are going to cultivate that digital platform next year, it’s a big opportunity
#4: Provide Micro Credentials
- Quick, short kind of credentials on breaking issues and things. Look at what LinkedIn is doing in terms of digital badges on expertise and certificates, etc.
#5: Identify the Five Perspective Member Companies or New Sponsors that Would Make a Difference in Your Organization
- Five perspective members that would make a difference because they joined, that would give resources to the association, and that we could help them the most.
Question to ask yourself: Who are the key accounts for the next year in both non dues revenue and in membership revenue?
I want to run up the score on downloads. So if you like this episode, would you share this on social media? Share it to your LinkedIn account!
We hope you enjoyed this edition of JP Moery’s Association Hustle Podcast. We’d love to connect with you. Check out our blog at moerycompany.com and subscribe to our weekly newsletter. You can also connect with JP on LinkedIn and Twitter at @JPMoery, as well as The Moery’s Company’s Instagram and Facebook page.
Subscribe to The Moery Company’s bi-weekly newsletter.