Your prospects may not be interested for some of these reasons:
- The communication I receive is about your association, not my business.
- The Association website is organized by your departments, not the way I think about or consume your services.
- I might like your events, but you promote the destination (with pictures of the hotel!) more than the content.
- Your spamming me about every discount, early-bird deadline or special offer. That’s about you…not me.
- You have never contacted me directly, ever.
- There are no examples of success or authentic testimonials about how association membership has saved a company.
- The government relations information provided is a weather report, without the insights about why I should care.
- You keep saying “You’er the Voice of the Industry.” Great – I’ll let someone else pay for it!
- Annually, you send me a 50% discount offer to join. That’s a fire sale, which tells me it might not even be worth that.
- You can’t answer these questions with confidence – Can you help me make money? Save money? Or, keep my money?
A piece of advice: It’s all about “them” folks; and, that is the key to membership recruiting in the modern era.