After starting a business nearly 6 years ago, I have some honest advice for entrepreneurs who want to…
- Hang out my own shingle.
- Run my own thing.
- Be a CEO.
- Be a President.
- Build something that’s mine.
- Act on my great ideas.
- Put my company name on a race car.
- And, of course, BE THE BOSS!
If that is your motivation, stop and re-think it because here is the reality – you are “last” and will be for a very long time. Here’s what comes before you…
- Your customers, because they decide if you get paid or not.
- Your employees, because you damn sure can’t do it all.
- Your banker, your accountant, and your lawyer because you likely don’t know that stuff.
- Your spouse and kids, because they still need you, and you them.
- Your prospects, because they want a proposal.
- And, there are more … but, believe me, they all come before you.
So, let your ego go – because it won’t be satisfied and will keep you from focusing on those who really matter for a successful business.
But, I’ll also let you in on this secret. This could be the ride of your business life!