Virtual meeting sponsorships can help you break down some of the old bureaucracy that stiff-armed opportunities for sponsors in an in-person meeting setting. Internal regulations, bureaucracy, and task forces telling us what we can and cannot do. However, now we’re in an environment to put an end to all that red tape. In fact, I think your sponsorship sales team may find that some of the components that you can offer may be more attractive to a sponsor in a virtual space.
Here are some ideas for virtual event sponsorships:
- Track sponsorships.
- Recorded sessions. Upload videos to the meeting website along with information about the sponsoring organization(s).
- Moderation of small breakout sessions and/or virtual networking opportunities.
- Social media promotion of the virtual sponsor on all platforms that you’re using to promote the virtual event.
- Virtual exhibit halls with scheduled face-to-face meetings.
- Recorded meetings premiering at a later time or date.
- Data on who visits your virtual website, watches your videos, attends your sessions, and more.
- Sponsored sessions using vendor selected speakers delivering educational content.
- Segmented emails to specific audiences and members of the association that the sponsor wants to reach in the context of the virtual meeting.
There’s no need to double down on a flawed distribution model. In fact, now is the time to take the opportunity to enhance your live events with a virtual component for future events. Virtual sponsorships are here to stay, make sure that what you’re offering is solid.
Listen to Episode 241 of the Association Hustle Podcast to learn how to create your own Virtual Event Sponsorship Program or learn about our new program that was designed to help association pivot from in-person events and sponsorships to inventory best suited for virtual platforms.