Over the course of my 25-year career, I’ve observed its bunk we learn more from failure – I’ve actually gleaned more from my business success. Here are a few nuggets of advice:
- To be truly successful, you need to be totally present – mind, body and soul. You have to bring everything to the table – not just 90%; I’m talking “all in.”
- It’s to your advantage to be in good, physical shape – it takes stamina to be a corporate athlete – particularly, if you frequently travel across time zones for business.
- Make that additional call or take that extra rep – don’t get lazy. The extra effort adds up in the overall. I’m absolutely certain the additional attempts to make things happen really is the difference maker.
- Ensure your client is really clear on their expectations and the scope of work. Two-way communication is key and ongoing feedback is essential.
- Be confident in pricing your services fairly and hold your ground. No guilt. You have a business to run. And, if price is the issue then the client doesn’t have the cash or you haven’t made the case.
- And, always remember – someone else is trying to beat you to it; a personal challenge always gets my best. And, doing your best is all that really matters.