Business Development Manager (Remote)
Big Red M is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager with a desire to collaborate, problem-solve and win. This is a full-time, remote position.
In this position, you will provide direct sales for association clients needing revenue growth in membership, sponsorship, trade show exhibits, or advertising. You will also help manage an association’s membership department including onboarding and retention. The opportunity includes managing multiple association accounts in a variety of industries. Big Red M’s client list includes some of the most high-profile and influential organizations in the world.
To succeed we provide a flexible work environment including telecommuting, state-of-the-art sales CRMs, list development support and an “association hustle” process of sales which has a track record of success.
You will conduct kick-off meetings with clients, engage senior-level executives, proactively schedule and confirm sales meetings, and participate in cold-calling when needed. You will also oversee sales lead generation email campaigns and digital advertising to add “top of funnel” prospects. The ideal BDM is a closer that is also a team-player and can collaborate with teammates and customers for success.
Job Duties Include:
- Design sales and marketing plans to generate more revenue for association clients.
- Execute plans to generate qualified leads and identify sales opportunities.
- Prospect and make outbound calls to business leads and qualified companies.
- Manage and respond to inbound requests from prospects.
- Ensure Salesforce.com contains accurate account details and contact information.
- Provide weekly updates to clients about the direction of revenue generation activities including activity and pipeline reports
Education or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years of sales experience
- Minimum of 4 years of association/membership experience
- Trained basic knowledge of Salesforce database, Office and Outlook
Communication & Management Skills:
- Demonstrated aptitude to manage and lead multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to build relationships with senior-level professionals and work well under a goal-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Effective problem solving, time management and organization skills
- Display our company values of integrity, collaboration, ownership, and dedication to clients and each other
Steps to Apply
To apply for a position, click the button below to take our Culture Index Applicant Survey. It takes about five minutes to complete. Then return to this page to submit your resume.