These are five frequent mistakes associations make that can easily be corrected to put you on the road to success.
Five mistakes associations and how they can be fixed right now.
#1: Improve Operational Excellence
- We need an appetite for that. There aren’t a lot of CEOs and organizations, there aren’t a lot of folks that are really focused on process, procedure, and execution
- Execution is not a priority in many facets of the association management area right now. And that’s what we need. Let’s fix it
#2: More Focused Internet 2.0 Commitment
- When I made a more substantial commitment, my business grew double digit percentages.
- Many times the associations that are active right now, are only promoting a conference or a show or an event, it should be about content delivery, showcasing your members and what they’re doing, tips and tools on how to make members businesses grow, etc.
- It should be at least four to five times a day, not just once, and not just to promote the next webinar.
#3: Have a Plan for Digital Events Next Year
- We’re so focused on protecting the old legacy model and hoping that it will come back that we may have forgotten the literally thousands of people that we engage, including new and young professionals that are now on board with us.
- We’re forgetting about how we are going to cultivate that digital platform next year, it’s a big opportunity
#4: Provide Micro Credentials
- Quick, short kind of credentials on breaking issues and things. Look at what LinkedIn is doing in terms of digital badges on expertise and certificates, etc.
#5: Identify the Five Perspective Member Companies or New Sponsors that Would Make a Difference in Your Organization
- Five perspective members that would make a difference because they joined, that would give resources to the association, and that we could help them the most.
Question to ask yourself: Who are the key accounts for the next year in both non dues revenue and in membership revenue?